A compendium of Cloud Threat Hunting and DFIR tools that I consider useful for defensive tradecraft.
CrowdStrike Reporting Tool for Azure
This tool queries the following configurations in the Azure AD/O365 tenant which can shed light on hard to find permissions and configuration settings in order to assist organizations in securing these environments.
Exchange Online (O365):
- Federation Configuration
- Federation Trust
- Client Access Settings Configured on Mailboxes
- Mail Forwarding Rules for Remote Domains
- Mailbox SMTP Forwarding Rules
- Mail Transport Rules
- Delegates with ‘Full Access’ Permission Granted
- Delegates with Any Permissions Granted
- Delegates with ‘Send As’ or ‘SendOnBehalf’ Permissions
- Exchange Online PowerShell Enabled Users
- Users with ‘Audit Bypass’ Enabled
- Mailboxes Hidden from the Global Address List (GAL)
- Collect administrator audit logging configuration settings.
- Service Principal Objects with KeyCredentials
- O365 Admin Groups Report
- Delegated Permissions & Application Permissions
Mandiant Azure AD Investigator
This repository contains a PowerShell module for detecting artifacts that may be indicators of UNC2452 and other threat actor activity. Some indicators are “high-fidelity” indicators of compromise, while other artifacts are so called “dual-use” artifacts. Dual-use artifacts may be related to threat actor activity, but also may be related to legitimate functionality. Analysis and verification will be required for these. For a detailed description of the techniques used by UNC2452 see our blog.